Tuesday, October 31, 2006

iPhoto 6

Although I have the ability to edit photographs in Photoshop with limitless possibilites, I was amazed by the new photo editing capabilities of iPhoto 6. New actions for re-coloring images, even their healing brush is really quite remarkable, not to mention the ease of red-eye reduction.
You can create albums with unique templates, create photo gallery websites, order prints, make cards, calendars...all within one interface. Really...It's pretty amazing.
I've had this loaded on my computer for over a year now, and I just started using it since being back from our Europe trip. If you're a mac user, you're probably already using this. But if not, maybe you're like me who thought iPhoto was just for amateurs...I mean, I've got Photoshop CS2. And don't get me wrong, there's a million things that you still need photoshop for. But taking a snapshot and getting it to look amazing - this can now be done in iPhoto.
Try it sometime.

1 comment:

Blake said...

So are you one that would suggest I get a Mac computer? I've been a PC guy for years and years...all my life. But I've recently been thinking of going Mac. It's time for us to get a new computer for the youth ministry. And I think a MacBook (or a MBPro!) would be a good purchase.

I've got a few "Mac friends" who swear by them. You?