Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mammoth - Report

So...I was horrible. My first run was my best run of the day. Following that I had one serious face plant - thought I had broken my nose. I pulled muscles in both of my quads since my momentum threw my body forward, thus my board back and around nearly hitting me in the head...BEHIND ME! That freaked me out but I shook it off. The next run (Getting off the chair lift) I randomly turned backward and fell on my tail bone. And since I fell the whole way down the slope, I kept hurting the same spot over and over again. That was the end of my efforts at Snow Boarding.

I spent the rest of the weekend at our house, in my slippers, with snow falling outside, and a cup of hot chocolate in my hand. Eric's aunt taught me how to play Sudoku - love it, Eric's mom taught me how to knit - I started a scarf, we watched Arrested Development DVD's, went in the hot tub, ate dinners together, read a lot. It was an incredibly relaxing, special, bonding weekend.

FYI. My tail bone still hurts. I have trouble putting my shoes on, because it hurts to bend over more than 90 degrees. Woohoo, snow boarding.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Natalie:
Hang in there, it does get easier. The first time I went, I kept falling down. I could hardly walk for next few days. I still fall off the ski lift part of the time :-) Have a great day.

Love in Christ

Gary Curry

Bargus said...

Don't feel too bad...the first time I went snowboarding I broke my collarbone on my first trip down the slope. At least you came home intact! I came home in a figure-8 sling and on Vicodin...not the way to end a vacation! :)

-Brandon Carter